if you’re wondering how to become a Roblox developer then you came to the right place where i will guide you step by step on the things you should have, know and watch for in your journey to become a Roblox developer.
so to become a Roblox developer it would be perfect if you have an idea of a game in mind and try to make it happen. that way you won’t be bored or quit learning as it gets harder or when you wouldn’t find how to make things you want.
What do you need to develop a roblox game ?
and to develop a roblox game there is two aspects to it : Scripting and designing . and they are both important to make a good game .
But without going into too much details here are the basics you should have :
- a good PC to work on :a good PC will make your job easier when working on developing your game or learning how to.
- knowledge about gaming and roblox games in general : So when you start developing your game you would know what kind of games roblox players like, and how they like to engage with the game. that way your game will be more successful as you know your audience.
- Roblox Studio :Roblox studio is important and without it you can’t actually develop a game.
- knowledge of Lua programing language :Lua is the programing language that Roblox uses and knowing it’s basics will help you develop a better game.
Now that are just the basic thing you should have before starting but the challenge isn’t all that , but the challenge is sticking to learning and developing your skills day after day.
What is the important skills to become a Roblox developer ?
Scripting and coding are important skills to have when it comes to making a Roblox game, and the good thing is that they are learnable skills but you need patience and time to be good at it.
How to become a Roblox developer ?
Download Roblox Studio
Roblox Studio is the essential tool to build Roblox experiences. It’s free to use, and is available on Mac and Windows computers.
to download and use roblox studio your Pc/Mac needs to have these requirement :
- Windows 7 or earlier, (macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) and above if you use Mac )
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher
- Processor with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz or better.
- 2GB+ of system memory.
- At least 10GB of available hard disk space after installation.
- Graphics Card .
- a good Internet Access to keep Roblox Studio up-to-date and save projects to your Roblox account.
after Downloading and installing Roblox Studio, check this tutorial that will help you get familiar with studio interface and use.
Learn modeling in Studio
Modeling is creating 3D objects in roblox studio , at first just learn how to make blocks and spheres, then as time goes you will learn how to create and build more complicated objects. check this guide for more details about modeling.
Learn about characters
to give your game players the best experience you will need to learn how to customize characters in your experience and control the name/health and outfits to let players express themselves.
Learn Lua By Playing
to learn and perfect Lua it will take time, but Roblox provides a lot of tools and resources to make it easier, for example you can start playing this Lua Learning game which is a place to interactively learn how to create and unlock your imagination! in this game you will find Lessons, quizzes, tutorials, and more!
Create your first experience
Follow this guide to create your first experience, and to get the first joy of seeing your first game come to reality.
To become a roblox developer is a journey that needs you to be patient and persistent, as you won’t be a good developer after one day or week. and it requires a lot of practice and learning and failing . and the most important thing to keep in mind is don’t give up whene you face the first problems in your way.
also it will be helpful if you join people who like also become developers like you therefore i advice you to join roblox devforum to engage and learn from other people mistakes. and don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need to.